PAN is a 10-character alphanumeric number issued to income tax assessees, and is used by the taxman to identify them.
Here are 5 things to know if you want to update communication address in your PAN card:
1. For any update in existing PAN details, applicant is required to fill the form ‘Request for New PAN card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN Data Form’, according to NSDL’s website. Applicant must fill all the columns of the form and should tick the box on the left margin of address for communication. In case of online application, this box is ticked by default.
2. Applicant is required to indicate whether this is his residence or office address. It is mandatory for all applicants other than individuals and HUF (Hindu Undivided Family) to mention office address as address for communication, according to NSDL.
3. If the applicant wants to update any other address, he has to fill the details of the same in an additional sheet which is to be attached with the form.
4. It is mandatory for the applicant to provide proof of communication address. If change in any other address is sought, the applicant has to provide proof of the same, according to NSDL.
5. Form along with supporting documents can be submitted to any of the NSDL TIN-facilitation centre or PAN centre. For online applications, duly signed and photo affixed acknowledgement receipt along-with supporting documents can be sent to following address: Income Tax PAN services unit (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited), 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016.
Credit : NDTV Profit Team | Updated: April 06, 2019 19:26 IST